Physics Questions - Module #9
- Feel free to use the questions below to check (or improve) your understanding of the concepts in this physics module.
- If the mass of the sun and the earth are both tripled, and the distance between them is also tripled, the force between them will be
- one third
- the same
- nine times
- one ninth
- You donít see tides in your swimming pool. This is because
- your contact lenses are missing
- magnetic forces hold the water down
- the pool is too shallow for tides
- the pool is too deep for tides
- the tides happen at night when you are asleep
- all parts of the pool are at about the same distance to the moon
- The distance between the earth and the moon is reduced to one third. The gravitational force between them becomes
- 3 times bigger
- 3 times smaller
- 9 times bigger
- 9 times smaller
- stays the same
- What keeps the earth from falling into the sun?
- strings hold the earth up
- gravity holds the earth up
- the earth's tangential speed
- smoke and mirrors
- the sun's gravity is zero where the earth is
- What is a black hole ?
- a hole in your dry-wall
- space with no stars
- space with no light
- space with no mass
- a space with mass so highly concentrated that even light cant escape the resulting gravity
- Copyright by PhysicsWorld.Org, 2005. All rights reserved.
- This material may not be redistributed or republished in any form, whether paper or electronic, without express written permission from PhysicsWorld.Org.
Module-9 Answers |