Answers to Physics Module Questions - Module #23
- This page provides answers to Physics Module Questions – Module #23.
- The answers are bolded.
- What is the source of the electrons that heat up your clothes iron
- a hydroelectric dam
- a coal power plant
- the power outlet in your home
- a nuclear power plant
- radioactivity in your clothes-iron
- the moon shining on your clothes-iron
- atoms in the filament of your clothes-iron
- You buy a hair-dryer in another country and it is rated at 220 V. If you plug it into a 110 V outlet, the current in the dryer is ___ compared to if you plug it into a 220 V outlet.
- the same
- two times greater
- four times greater
- 110 times greater
- a quarter
- Three light-bulbs are connected in parallel across a battery. One has a thick filament, one a thin filament, and one a medium filament. Which one has the lowest voltage across the lamp.
- Medium filament
- thin filament
- thick filament
- there is no voltage across the filaments
- voltage is the same across all three filaments
- A light bulb is connected to a 200 V power source. A current of 2.0 Amps flows across the bulb. How much power is being dissipated by the bulb?
- 200 W
- 400 W
- 100 W
- 50 W
- 800 W
- none of the above
- A voltage of 30 V is applied across a 30 ohm resistor. What is the current flowing through the resistor.
- 0 Amps
- 1 Amp
- 2 Amps
- 900 Amps
- 300 Amps
- 30 Amps
- Copyright by PhysicsWorld.Org, 2005. All rights reserved.
- This material may not be redistributed or republished in any form, whether paper or electronic, without express written permission from PhysicsWorld.Org.
Module-23 Questions |