Physics Questions - Module #30
- Feel free to use the questions below to check (or improve) your understanding of the concepts in this physics module.
- An non-excited atom absorbs a single red photon, and then emits another photon. The emitted photon can be
- A material is heated so it is "red-hot". The atoms in the material are
- not vibrating
- vibrating at an infinite range of frequencies
- vibrating at about the same frequency
- oscillating in figures of eight
- oscillating in circles
- oscillating in squares
- What is the primary source of the electromagnetic radiation that is continually emitted by your body?
- your magnetic personality
- your charm bracelet
- radioactive atoms in your bones
- your body temperature vibrates your atoms
- your body clock
- your most recent meal
- Which of the following entities is most prone to being impacted by quantum effects
- a whale
- a horse
- a meteor
- a meteorite
- an egg
- an electron
- a baseball
- An ultraviolet laser beam and an infrared laser beam have the same number of photons. Which beam has the lower energy?
- both have the same energy
- neither has any energy
- depends on the speed of the ultraviolet light
- depends on the frequency of the infrared light
- all of the above
- Copyright by PhysicsWorld.Org, 2005. All rights reserved.
- This material may not be redistributed or republished in any form, whether paper or electronic, without express written permission from PhysicsWorld.Org.
Module-30 Answers |