Answers to Physics Module Questions - Module #33
- This page provides answers to Physics Module Questions – Module #33.
- The answers are bolded.
- Your hand and your table are both mostly empty space. Despite this, your hand does not pass through the table because
- Your hand does not realize that it is mostly empty space
- Your table does not realize that it is mostly empty space
- Your table is not mostly empty space
- Your hand is not mostly empty space
- magnetic fields keep your hand from passing through the table
- electric fields keep your hand from passing through the table
- gravitational fields keep your hand from passing through the table
- We encounter radioactivity during the course of our lives. Most of this exposure comes from
- nuclear power plants
- nuclear weapons testing
- space ships
- the natural environment
- medical and dental X-rays
- An alpha particle is absorbed by an atomic nucleus. If nothing else happens what changes in the nucleus.
- the number of protons is reduced
- the number of electrons is reduced
- the number of neutrons is reduced
- the number of protons is increased
- the number of electrons is increased
- the number of neutrons is increased
- What happens if a Lithium atom emits an alpha particle? It becomes
- a lithium isotope
- a lithium ion
- A 12,000 year-old sample of old carbon is 1/4 as radioactive as a current sample of carbon. Based on this value, what is the approximate half-life of Carbon 14.
- 12,000 years
- 12,000 days
- 6,000 years
- 6,000 days
- 3,000 years
- 3,000 days
- 24,000 years
- 48,000 years
- Copyright by PhysicsWorld.Org, 2005. All rights reserved.
- This material may not be redistributed or republished in any form, whether paper or electronic, without express written permission from PhysicsWorld.Org.
Module-33 Questions |